Monday, August 15, 2011

The Villages Resort vacation with Grandma

This past week we went with Grandma to the a resort in Flint, TX called The Villages. It's about 15 miles or so outside of Tyler, Tx.
It's through our time share with Wyndham, we can exchange points to stay anywhere with RCI. 

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo, which was still kinda small, but didn't really matter.
This is one of the things I LOVE most about my husband. 
He works hard, but he ALWAYS makes time to take us on a vacation. 
Not just for a weekend, but a whole week. I think he gets 2 full weeks of vacation a year and we always get to go somewhere fun. 

We spent a majority of the time at the swimming pool. I am so proud of my kids. 
Not ONE TIME did we use their floaties while we were there. 
They spent a lot of time playing in the little splash park area here, but they also practiced their swimming with Daddy in the deep end. 
They are both swimming with their faces in the water, holding their breath. 
They can both jump off the side or off the diving board and swim back to the edge without any help! 
FANTASTIC!!











 At the resort they had a miniature golf course and the kids had a blast doing this. 



(on a side note: DON'T EVER buy the Canon "G" series point and shoot)
I absolutely hate it. I almost want to buy another Canon Rebel to take my snap shots. 
This is why I ended up taking my big camera to the pool for the images there (above). 

Anyway, we also went to the Children's Museum and took Erik's other son Jacob with us. 
(thanks to my friend Jennifer Hyde for suggesting it)



 Starring in their own Kitchen Show!!

 Jacob (I finally realized...LOL) is Libby's 1/2 Brother. I had to take their pics with one another.
I just don't see the resemblance....(insert sarcasm here)
They actually do look a like and even looking at Jake's baby pics they have some of the same features. 
LOVE





One of the days we went to Chuck-E-Cheese....the food was AWFUL...but the kids had a blast. 
The kids also got to check out games at the Activity Center and one night we played Chutes and Ladders! Hadleigh won. 

 Evidence that I was ACTUALLY there! 
haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment