This is my newsletter I sent out: (I am adding some things here that I didn't write in my letter....just FYI)
Dear Friends,
It is with mixed emotions that I am writing this newsletter, but I feel like this is the easiest way to spread the word to all my clients.
Erik started his doctorate degree a couple years ago and he has felt a calling to become a pastor, but we have not really wanted to leave Kerrville. So he has not sent out any resumes. This summer we had an interview with a church in Dallas for a children's ministry position and we FELL IN LOVE with the church and the location. But, we both also felt the Lord telling us no to this. Knowing that God was laying on our hearts to look for a pastor job. It's been scary and sort of intimidating. Erik just says he told the Lord He would have to send someone to us because he wasn't sending out resumes (that's the part of him that was scared....and I don't blame him).
WELL.....ask and you will receive.
One of his professors from Hardin Simmons submitted his resume to FBC Aspermont. They called and talked with Erik on the phone several times and then we went to a "neutral" site for the search committee to come hear him preach live.
So..........
Some of you know and some of you probably don't know, but Erik and I have accepted a job in small West Texas town called Aspermont. He will be the Senior Pastor at First Baptist Church Aspermont. We will be about 50-60 miles Northwest of Abilene, on the way to Lubbock. The town has about 1700 people in it and Erik will be the only minister on staff. We will live in a parsonage that is right next door to the church. This has all taken place so fast and time is already running out.
We will be a here a couple more weeks and the moving truck will come February 13th to move us. Erik will start his new job on the 20th.
We are so sad to leave, but so excited for our new adventure and what God has in store for our family. We would covet your prayers as we make these changes and as we try and sell our house. Kerrville has blessed us beyond measure and we will truly miss everyone we have been in contact with over the past 6 1/2 years. I am thankful for each and every one of you and your wonderful families and the opportunity to do something I love. I feel like I should say more, but don't really know what that is. So I will leave you with photos of our new church and our new home!





No comments:
Post a Comment