Thursday, May 24, 2012

Introducing Lankford children #4 and #5

So you may have read about the sickness I had when we first moved here and the stabbing I inflicted upon myself within the first few weeks we were in our new home. There has been something going on constantly and I can't seem to catch my breath. 

We, and by we, I mean me and the kids or just me and then there was one time when we all, went back to Kerrville to visit. Each time it has been for work, but also an excuse to visit. We miss our friends and our life there, but we are very happy to be right where we are in the midst of where God has placed us for this part of our journey. 

On March 30th I took a pregnancy test. I had actually taken one a week before and it was negative. 
This time.....YEP.....you guessed it. 
POSITIVE.

Kind of took us by surprise only because we weren't really "planning" it. 
Right before Libby turned one, we decided we would start "trying" again. 
So Dr. W started me on the Clomid and we did this for I think 4 months. When we moved I decided it was time for a break. 
We sort of had a lot going on. 
Anyway, obviously the Lord had plans for us and I ended up getting pregnant naturally with NO drugs!
YAY. 

Fast forward to 3 weeks later. 
I get a phone call from CPS on my voice mail. 
When I called them back they explained to me that our Son Isaac has a biological brother. 
Same Mom and Dad. 
He's been in foster care since he was 11 months old, living with his Great Grandmother, who is 80 years old. 
His birthday is June 9th and he is about to be 3 years old. 
That's almost EXACTLY 2 years younger than Isaac, who's birthday is June 15th. 
His name is Jaiden and his parental rights have been terminated and they want us to consider adopting him. 
WHOA! 
Talk about a lot to take in. Of course, we immediately said we would pray about it and consider it. We have always known that if either of our adopted children would have a sibling it would most likely be Isaac. 

All that's to say, we have been getting re-certified as foster parents so that Jaiden could come live with us! Court date is June 1st where they will rule and then hopefully sometime that week we will be able to get him. 


Last Friday I went in for my 12 week check up and the EDD is December 3. 
Introducing the Lankford's Poppyseed #2
That's where our life is at now. 
It's non stop around here. 
Stay tuned to see where our adventures take us!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So excited to hear about your growing family!

    If you are looking for a new car, we enjoy our Sienna. It can hold 5 kids with out a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when Jon told Michael the other day about the adoption!! What an amazing God we serve. Praying for you and Eric during this blessed yet stressful time.

    ReplyDelete