Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 2: Gestational Week 5

Well this week is D.R.A.G.G.I.N.G.

We had a busy weekend. Dad was gone Friday and Saturday so we spent the night with our friend Andrea Friday night. The kids loved having a sleepover at Mrs. Andrea's house.

The reason we stayed with her? 

Well I have had a phone stalker now for about a week and a half. It started two weeks ago today. He called several times on this day and I never answered the phone. I thought it may have been a one day thing but then he called again last Thursday in the middle of the night. 3 times between 12:30 am and 1:45 am. Again. I did not answer. However, talking with our friend who just happens to be a P.I. said to answer it next time and tell him not to call anymore. So we did not want to stay home by ourselves while Daddy was out of town. He did actually call this week on Tuesday. Erik was in bed, but I answered it and told him I wanted him to stop calling and he said "ok." Hopefully I won't hear from this creepy guy again. 

We also had 2 birthday parties. Hadleigh was ECSTATIC about this. Anything she can do to get some cake! Girl loves her sweets. 

I am just tired this week.
It seems like every night for the past week it's been Isaac getting out of his bed in the middle of the night and coming in to our room. Always around 2 am. Then I am awake for at least an hour trying to go back to sleep. Then Hadleigh gets up. Aaaargh! We put them back in their beds and try to get some sleep. I still wake up tired. 

I don't have any other symptoms besides my "you know whats" are sore. :)

Tuesday I felt a little nauseated when I was eating breakfast, but maybe it was all in my head. I am still feeling a little crampy, but I hear that is normal apparently. I think I am just looking for things to confirm this pregnancy. I know it's silly.

I have been busy with school portraits this week at CDO so that takes up about half the day and keeps my mind pre-occupied. 5 classes on Tuesday, 5 classes on Thursday.


I was totally trying to keep this to just my close friends and family at least until we go on Monday for the next ultrasound, but apparently I let the cat out of the bag! OH WELL! So please don't feel you have to keep it a secret anymore. I guess the more people praying for this pregnancy the better, right?

Sorry, kind of got a little sidetracked. So this is Gestational week 5 
and it says the embryo is about the size of a sesame seed and looks like a tiny little tadpole. 
 

I am still taking my progesterone, a baby asprin a day, my pre-natal vitamins (which I have been on practically the last 5 years off and on), drinking MILK (which I hate..but Lauren says I have too), and trying to eat good stuff. However, I just cannot completely give up my Dr. Pepper. I know I know...don't judge. It's only once a week at Taco Casa after gymnastics. 

It's actually been this way since I started training for my 10K in April...which I am NO LONGER training for. 
I have to admit...I missed running the last two weeks. 

Never thought I would say that. :) 
I'm sorry (sort of) Andrea that you have lost your training partner. But I know you understand. Good luck girls, I will be there to cheer you on at the finish line. 

Dad is gone again now until Friday so please pray for my sanity. As I am typing this (9:19 pm) my son has already been out of his bed 3 times telling me "I'm not tired yet Mom." What? I wonder if it's the cough medicine I'm giving him?

Finally to end this:
My friend Pat is in a Bible Study at our church this semester and she sent me an email with whole list of verses. 
She says: "Debbie Williams said that as Christians we should "faith it" instead of "fear it".  In other words, our first response when we recognize we are fearful is to stop and talk to God.  We are to ask Him to help us.  Our assurance that He is faithful to us will carry us thruough fearful times."

This one stuck out to me most this week. (Thanks Pat for putting my name in there.) It seems to have a whole new meaning when we do that!












No comments:

Post a Comment