Sunday, November 14, 2010

Libby's First week home

WOW...2 weeks have flown by. I guess because we spent almost 5 days in the hospital that it doesn't seem like she should be 2 weeks old already. 

We came home on Friday November 5th. 
It was so great to be home and in my own bed. Although it was hard as heck to get in and out of the bed for the first 4 or 5 days. 
I was pretty sore, but it's getting better every day. 

It feels like my stomach is just one BIG bruise, only it's not black and blue! 

Libby has been really great. She's eating every 2-3 hours and sometimes we will get a 4 hour stretch.
Hadleigh is in love with her. She wants to hold her and kiss her all the time. 
Isaac loves her too, but he still just goes about his business!

My grandparents came on Sunday and stayed until Thursday and it was WONDERFUL. 
Grandma Jo got to hold Libby a lot and I got to rest a lot! 
I am so glad they could come and spend some time with us.
While Grandma was here the kids LOVED on Papa James and they enjoyed taking them and showing them the river and fishing and playing at the park and eating at McDonald's!

We attempted to get a generational photo and I think they turned out pretty good considering I set up the tripod (which I've never done before) to get myself in the photograph with my children (in this case just us girls)







Thanks Grandma Jo for all your help!!

Thursday afternoon was my first day home by myself with Libby and we just relaxed and rested. 
It was peaceful. 

Friday was our first day home as a family by ourselves and the kids behaved really well.
They continued to play by themselves together.
We traveled to San Antonio in the evening to visit Erik's brother and Sister.
I have never even met his sister Julie so that was fun. 
The kids played with his brother, David, and they had a blast. It was nice for them to have someone's full attention. They were WORN out when we left!
While we were there Libby had a huge BLOW OUT in her diaper! She had not pooped in about a week and boy did she!!
Poor thing, it was up her stomach and all up her back! My friend Lauren warned me this was going to happen and it DID!! 

She's been feeding pretty good, she's latching on like she's supposed to, but I have no idea how much she is eating. 
I feel like I'm not really producing that much milk, but Lauren assures me that everything will be fine and she is getting what she needs.
Please pray that I would not stress out about this.
She did lose weight like everyone said she would and last Thursday she weighed 7.4 pounds. 
We go to the Pediatrician on Tuesday for her first official check up!


On another note, everyone has been asking how the kids are handling everything and at first I thought they were doing really great. 
Isaac is actually doing pretty good, besides a little back talking and not following directions the first time, but I think that goes with any 3 year old.
Hadleigh on the other hand is a little more affected. She LOVES Libby and I am so thankful for that and that she is not taking it out on her. Just me. If she doesn't get her way she gets HYSTERICAL. Yelling over and over and over "I want my Mommy, I want my Mommy!"
EVEN when I am holding her. It's breaking my heart. 
I know, I know, I know it will pass.
But in the moment it is not easy and it makes me very sad. 
Please pray for her and Erik and I on how to handle this situation. 
Yesterday my friend Nikki Loehr, a photographer from San Antonio who shot our Family portrait in 2009, One of my maternity sessions (the one in the water) and the kids Halloween pics for this year came all the way to Kerrville to help me capture a photo of our 
NOW family of FIVE and some newborn pics of Libby!

I am so thankful for her. It is still not easy for me to get up and down and I could NOT of captured these beautiful moments without her!
I helped do all the posing and she shot the images. It was so fun and MUCH easier working with another professional photographer to capture these NEWBORN images! 
Here is one that she sent me last night:




2 comments: