My weekend was supposed to consist of portraits with Santa on Friday and Saturday.
I was able to capture this shot before we headed to San Antonio.
Really sad I didn't get all 3 of my kids in the pic together.
ANSWERED PRAYER
First of all I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who is praying for us.
I finally got a nurse on Sunday to help me "trick" Libby in to latching on again.
She is latching on very well.
THANK YOU GOD!
This does not mean that she is getting enough to eat yet, but at least she is trying.
It was nice to have someone try and come up with a solution instead of trying to say something was wrong with her or me.
So Monday morning we went down stairs to to have a modified barium swallow study done.
It showed her sucking burst not to be sustained and her sucking pattern is immature.
She is at risk for aspiration but none was seen on the study.
The recommendation was for us to see a Speech Therapist to help her build the muscles in her lips, tongue and cheeks.
The therapist that did the test at the hospital said I could still breast feed and supplement with expressed breast milk or formula.
I have to feed her in "side lying" position (on her left side, like she's breast feeding)
She was 7.6 pounds when we left Methodist Hospital.
Tuesday morning we went to see the pediatrician and she was up to 7.9 pounds.
Still not enough according to the dr, but we feel like this is progress.
We also went to see a speech therapist here in Kerrville and she said everything was going to be fine.
I was given some exercises to do with her lips to try and strengthen them.
The goal is to get her weight up so she will be stronger and have more energy to breast feed.
I was instructed to bottle feed her every two hours and to try and get her to eat 3 ounces everytime.
EASIER said than done.
By the time I get her fed, diaper changed, pump, and put her to sleep it is time to eat again.
She does not want to wake up to eat and I am exhausted.
At least now Erik can help me feed her and I can get some sleep.
I can still breast feed her, but just AFTER she bottle feeds so she doesn't get too tired.
This is what I missed over the weekend while we were in the hospital
Thank you Mema for taking the kids to Breakfast with Santa!
Today I am thankful for my friend Tracy Moore (who has helped me photograph many events)
and Nikki Loehr (with Moxie Photography in San Antonio) for REALLY coming through to help me photograph my Santa portraits.
They came last minute and our family is blessed to know these wonderful ladies!







Dear Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to read this new post of yours. I have thought of you so often since reading about your hospital stay etc. Even though there is further to go, it seems that Libby is improving. I'll be praying. Give me a call if there's a way I can help.
Love, Linda