Grandma ("from California" as my kids say) flew in on Thanksgiving day.
Erik and the kids went to pick her up in San Antonio and we ate at Cracker Barrel for dinner.
Friday we just relaxed and then had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Grampa Mart and Grama Pat's house.
It was very yummy!
( I did not take one single picture...uugghh)
I am finally starting to get the feeling back in my hands and fingers.
There is still a little bit of numbness in the tips.
I still can't get my wedding rings over my knuckle.
Maybe some day.
Other than that I am able to wear my shoes again, which is very nice.
I haven't even tried to put on my pre-preggo jeans.
I'm scared.
hahaha
Erik had to leave Sunday to go to Abilene for school for the whole week.
THANK GOD for Grandma!!
She has been such a help to us.
Tuesday morning Linda went with us to the pediatrician for a weight check.
Libby is now 8 pounds 11 ounces.
Back up past her birth weight which is great.
The doctor was pleased.
Finally.
She is doing really great eating.
She takes the bottle really well.
She is still nursing, but not for very long and only after she has been bottle fed.
Hopefully all of that will change soon, since she is gaining weight.
I am still pumping every 2-3 hours which takes up so much time, but well worth it.
On Thursday, December 2
Libby turned ONE MONTH OLD!!
I cannot believe it.
I know time goes by so fast.
But it still amazes me how fast.
I think this month has been the longest month and the shortest month.
Still can't believe we spent almost 9 total days in the hospital out of her first month of life.
I know it could have been something worse, so I am not complaining.
Just so happy to be home and get into some kind of normal routine.
Just this week she has changed so much. She actually fits into her "newborn" clothes, although she is growing out of them very quickly. She is staying awake for longer periods of time and noticing the things around her.
She was watching her mobile on her swing for the first time yesterday.
She smiles ALL the time.
I know I know, she probably doesn't even know she's doing it, or maybe it's gas, but I still LOVE it!
She is sleeping anywhere from 3-4 hours at night most of the time.
Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts and helpful hints on the breastfeeding.
We are truly blessed by each and every one of you!








Oh, Jennifer, this is just wonderful news. I am so happy to hear Libby Lou is doing so very well.
ReplyDeleteOur love to you and the family.
Pat