Monday, January 3, 2011

My Little Poppy Seed: Two Months Old

 Baby Girl turned 2 months old yesterday and I cannot believe it!
Read about what she should be doing here. 

We went to the Dr. today and she is
11 pounds 10 ounces
23 inches long
She's moved up to the 75-90% percentile on her growth chart.
Doing SUPER!

My mom made this sweet blanket for Libby. I LOVE it! 
Next month I will show you the other side! I couldn't get the whole thing in the photo, but there is a little girl under her skirt and the back of the blanket is in that material.
 She really started smiling ALL the time while we were away on our vacation to California for Christmas. We were gone for 11 days and actually spent Christmas day at Erik's mom's house. I think this is the FIRST Christmas EVER that I have been away from my mom! We missed her terribly, but had a GREAT time with Erik's family and friends. It was a little chilly and rainy most of the time we were there. 

 She is growing fast. She can't wear ANY of her newborn clothes anymore. She is now eating between 6 and 8 ounces at a time! We started supplementing her with Goat Milk instead of formula about a month ago. Supposedly it's the "closest" thing to mother's milk. She likes it really well. We don't have much spitting up at all. She was sometimes puking up the formula so we switched. I give her a daily dose of Infant vitamins that we got from the health food store so she can get what she needs since she's only getting about 8-12 ounces of Breast Milk a day. 

 I am still breast feeding. Now instead of doing it after I bottle feed I am doing it first. She lasts about 5-7 minutes on each side and then I give her a bottle. Usually 3-4 ounces of either goat milk or expressed breast milk. 
OBVIOUSLY she is gaining weight! 
haha!
She actually has little rolls around her thighs....maybe I will photograph that next month. 
She is sleeping about the same. Waking up once during the night to feed. Sometimes I just nurse her in bed and she goes back to sleep, but sometimes she is so HUNGRY she won't nurse. She wants the easy way out. 

 Nose and Lips.
TWO of my most FAVORITE things about her. 

This is my sweet Libby. 
She is not an easy baby by any means. 
My Pedi said that from the beginning. 
The ones that cause you trouble from the beginning will always be that way. 
she said that JOKINGLY btw!

She definitely needs constant attention. 
She doesn't want to be put down.
She hates her car seat!
She's awake more than she sleeps. 
She's already having to compete with Big Brother and Big Sister. 
You can't miss her girly squeal!
She loves to sleep on her belly. 
She smiles ALL the time, especially when you talk to her!
She LOVES her big Sis already....smiles and coos at her too!
I love their interaction with each other. Hadleigh wants to hold her all the time. She is a big helper....getting her "fussy" (aka pacifier....Hadleigh named it), tries to calm her when she cries, feeds her. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for telling your Libby story! So glad to hear about her growth and to see the adorable photos of her beautiful face and body! The love you have for her and your other children shines through your words. You are a wonderful mother! Blessings in the new year for all of you!

    ReplyDelete