Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a few words.....

To say the least the last few months has been somewhat of a blur.
Fast and furious for everyone.
I'm shooting a lot of High School Seniors.
Erik is working a lot.
Erik is trying to finish school.
We are trying to take care of our children.

This week is going to be a long one.
If you happen to read our blog I would ask for your prayers.
Especially for Erik & the staff members at TBCK (including support staff).
They are bringing in a counselor from Dallas to meet with all the staff members.
He is here ALL week long.
It's going to be very emotional and stressful.
He will be gone a lot.

Yesterday I started getting a clogged duct (I won't go into further details..lol..) that could possibly lead to a breast infection.
PLEASE pray this doesn't happen.
It's happened once before, but this time it hurts worse.
It feels like a bruise and I just want it to go away.
I'm supposed to rest.
How am I supposed to rest with TWO 3 1/2 year olds begging for my attention constantly and my husband will pretty much be absent all week.

He's been absent a lot lately.
Not just away from home, but mentally.
I am really thankful that Dr. Dan McGee is going to be here this week.
I know it will be hard for everyone and I pray that it will help everyone get on the same page with everything and move on as we should.
NEVER to forget Dr. John Petty and remember Kelly and the kids as they continue to grieve.

Please pray for my children.
It's not their fault we are all on edge.
I know I take it out on them sometimes.
I hate that.

I just want to be the best wife and mother.
I don't know how to best support my husband right now.
Maybe if you have been the wife of a minister you could shed some light for me.
He's a little like they said about John in the memorial service.
He worries about everyone else first and sometimes forgets to take care of himself.
He's easy to talk to.
Sometimes I wish he could just go a week with out having to answer any questions.
HA!! That's just me though.
He RARELY complains about anything....even the dumb tasks I ask him to do.
He's such a great dad and husband.
I have nothing to complain about. (USUALLY...LOL) :)

On a lighter note: It's funny how our kids can use God against us.
This week my children have picked up on the phrase:
"God doesn't like it when....."
We say, "God doesn't like it when you disobey your Mommy and Daddy."
They say, "God doesn't like it when you put me in time out!"
We say, "God doesn't like it when you don't share with your brother or sister!"
They say, "God doesn't like it when you take away my toys!"

hmmmmmmm......

This is what we did this week...it's like my kids think it's summer or something! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have found a rice sock helps tremendously. Put some rice into a mismatched sock and you can heat it up in the microwave and it will stay in place in your nursing bra. They are great hot or cold. We usually leave ours in the freezer for kids booboos, but they work great for clogged ducts and mastitis.

    Will be praying for your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Stephanie....I will do that right now!!!

    ReplyDelete