Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My big FOUR YEAR OLDS!!! "OFFICIAL" four year old shoot!!

The OFFICIAL four year old shoot was FABULOUS! 
We started about 7:30 pm and ended about 7:45 pm.
That's a RECORD!
SERIOUSLY.

Well...they did have incentive I guess. 
Their Dad promised them ice cream if they cooperated. 

This is my Hadleigh. 
Her birthday is actually not til Friday
JULY 15th.
She has been waiting a WHOLE month since her brother turned 4.
She has been literally counting down the days.
 
She said something to me the other day that totally caught me off guard. 
We were in the bathroom doing her hair and she says to me, 
"Mom, I just want my hands to be brown, not my face. I don't want to be brown."
UMMMMMM.....WHAT??
Isn't she too young to already say this. 
I mean I think we sort of expected it at some point, but not yet!
I explained to her that she was BEAUTIFUL just the way she was and that God made her that way.
Then last night she told Erik she wanted him to be brown!
Guess we should get to reading that book we bought 4 years ago
"I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla"
If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this, please let me know.
It's not like Kerrville is over-populated with "brown" people!
 This girl has quite the personality. 
She's funny, happy, loud, sweet, bossy, sassy, independent.
She wants to be in charge.
She wants to do it her way.
She wants to be the mom.
In a lot of ways she is like me, amazingly enough.
She's smart and somewhat manipulative.
She's a girly girl.
God is good.
 These two together are totally awesome.
They are definitely brother and sister.
They play together.
They argue, fuss and fight.
They love each other.
I think they will be best friends, EVENTUALLY!
 This little monkey turned 4 on June 15th.
He's PROUD of it. 
He rubs it in Hadleigh's face everyday that he's 4 and she's not. 
He's hysterical.
He's opinionated.
He wants what everyone else has.
He's the SWEETEST BOY!
He has developed a little bit of an attitude since turning 4.
I thought 4 was supposed to be better than 3, but somehow I'm not sure if that is the case here.
I can see their personalities coming out more and more every day.
They see and hear everything we say and do. 
 Amazingly enough, this sweet sweet sweet boy, takes after his Daddy.
It's funny how that worked out and how genetics play a role, but it is definitely environmental as well.
He's very smart, he wants to figure things out. He's a gadget man.
He loves to be outside and play and ride his bike and play in the dirt and swim. 
It takes him longer to get the courage to do things, but once he does he is off and running.
He wants to know how it works, he'll take it apart and put it back together. 
He wants your approval of everything he does.
He's good at playing by himself and playing with others. He likes to have someone watching him or with him at all times. 
This picture makes him look so GROWN UP and I think it is one of my most favorite pictures I have taken in his 4 years of life. 

I know it's not her birthday, but I just couldn't leave her out.
She is the easiest baby to photograph. 
It takes almost NOTHING to get her to smile. 
All I have to do is say her name. 
She's beautiful.
She's independent already.
She's not a snuggler and I'm sort of bummed about that, but apparently she takes after me in the personality department.
Not so much in the looks, although more and more people are saying she looks like me. 
(mostly my family...hahaha...including my "extended" family)
I love her eyes. They just light up.
She wants to do her own thing and doesn't really want you to mess with her or help her.
She's a fast learner.
She wants to be held but then is constantly pushing away from you trying to see all that is going on.
 They certainly LOVE LOVE LOVE their baby sister. 
Hadleigh thinks she has to hold her all the time and Libby does not like that. She wants to be by herself and learn and explore.
Isaac likes to make her laugh and that he does!!
She laughs at him so much. 
They are the best siblings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment