Friday, August 5, 2011

My Little Poppy Seed: Nine Months Old

Baby girl turned NINE months old on Tuesday!
It's just getting closer and closer to her ONE YEAR birthday. 
She is quite the character and has MUCHO personality.
This past month she has started to babble non stop. Once she learns her words there will be no peace around here. 
Between she and Isaac no one will ever get a word in. 

You can read about what she should be doing here:


She does the BEAR CRAWL!
She only crawls on her hands and feet. The knees never touch the ground. 
It's totally awesome. 
She learned it from Jax. 
They were here for a week and learned a lot from him. 
How to crawl.
How to stand up in the bathtub. 
How to pull herself up on the couch.
How to suck her food out of the tube and refuse to eat from the spoon! LOL!


It's amazing how fast they pick up on things, just by watching other babies!
She went for her Nine month check up yesterday. 
WEIGHT: 19.1 lbs
HEIGHT: almost 28 1/2 inches long

She's between the 50th and 75th percentile
(I still have no idea what this means)

She is eating pretty much anything and everything. 
She had her first food (besides baby food) a few weeks ago. 
We started with bananas and she REALLY likes them. 
Last night we did chicken cut up. 
I think it doesn't really matter what food it is, she just wants to do it HERSELF!!

She's very independent, yet she has just started the thing where she cries when I walk away from her, or when I don't acknowledge her when I first walk into the room. 
She's not sleeping all the way through the night yet and Dr. P said that was to be expected, so I'm not going to stress about it. 
She goes to bed around 8, wakes up for a bottle around 11 or 11:30 and then sleeps til 7 or 8. 

We have been swimming a lot this summer with Mema at her pool. 
She absolutely loves the water and I am so thankful. 
However, she tries to crawl out of her floaty all the time. 
She thinks she can do it all by herself. 
The headband she is wearing in this photo is courtesy of 



Yes we are LOVING our cloth diapers. 
I have been wanting to put up a clothes line for a while now, so while Erik was away at camp my mom helped me. 
We have been using these diapers since she was a month or two old. 
I am surprised at how easy it is and how much money we have saved. 
All these diapers are ONE size and they grow with her. 
I just recently bought a new diaper from the Orange Diaper Company
SO CUTE!


Others in my stash include 
 and Kawii.

Time is flying by and we are just having so much fun. 
What a JOY this baby girl has been and she is absolutely in love with her big brother and big sister. 
Her favorite thing to do is just be in the play room with them. 
As long as she can see Hadleigh and Isaac she is one happy girl. 
She has two teeth as of today and no signs of any new ones. 
She had her first ear infection last week and I'm pretty proud to say it took 9 months. 
I remember H & I getting them way before this. 
She is by far the easiest baby out of all 3 to photograph, although now she is getting more mobile. 
She is the happiest little thing. 
She has started shaking her head "no". 
Not really sure if she really understands what she is saying/doing but it's pretty funny. 
Last Sunday at church our friend Tammy tried to hold her and every time I would reach out to hand her over she would shake her head "NO" and hold on tight to my shirt. 
It was pretty funny. 
She also loves to be outside. 
What a precious gift from God!

1 comment:

  1. Squishy squishy Love that girl so much! She's getting so big so fast!
    Did I make her that bow? I made one exactly like that, but can't tell. Haha. Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete