My Little Poppy Seed is HALF a year old already.
Time sure does fly!
She is getting so big.
We went for her 6 month checkup yesterday.
She is in the 75 % in height and weight.
17 pounds 1 ounce
26 1/2 inches long
This past month has been full of milestones.
Rolling over from tummy to back and back to tummy.
Eating more foods and more rice cereal.
She is "talking" back and forth with us...well mostly she likes to GROWL!
It's super cute.
She smiles ALL THE TIME.
We were doing better at sleeping through the night.
Last week she slept all night almost every night.
This week not so much.
Teething?
Separation Anxiety?
Growth Spurt?
WHO KNOWS!
She's pushing herself up and scooting across the floor.
She uses her feet and moves forward, but hasn't quite gotten her knees up underneath her yet.
She's still sleeping in her port-a-crib.
I don't want to move her to Isaac and Hadleigh's room until she sleeps consistently through the night.
She LOVES her big brother and sister.
They make her smile a lot.
Hadleigh is always wanting to feed her and hold her and entertain.
We put her in the swing outside on the swing set and she really likes it.
She's, of course, growing out of all her clothes.
This season didn't seem to match up with the right sizes that had from Hadleigh so I had to finally go out and get her some bigger clothes.
We are still Cloth Diapering and I love it.
Not sure if anyone else cares one way or the other, but it's working out great for us.
Just this week I started "weening" her from breast feeding.
Since she's been eating more cereal and other foods she hasn't been drinking as much milk.
She mostly wants to nurse only when going to sleep so I figured it was time to stop.
So I went from pumping 3-4 times a day to just pumping 1 time a day.
It's sort of bittersweet for me.
She hasn't really been that great at it or interested in it from the beginning so I know she won't really miss it.
I might miss it.
I am clinging to the hope that maybe we will have another one some day and things might be different.
I am proud of myself for making it to the 6 month mark though.
I really wanted to make it to 12 months, but it's wearing me out.
Plus, I am taking another trip at the end of the month and don't want to DRAG the dang pump along with me.
She is trying really hard to sit up by herself.
She's not quite ready.
But I wouldn't doubt if it happens in the next few weeks.








Jenn, these pictures are beautiful! She's gorgeous just like her mama!! :) Props to you for making it to 6 months... it's not easy when they're not all that excited about it. You've got such a great clan... we love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteDiane
Little Erik is so dang cute ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing mommy. Not many moms would have persevered like you did to provide Libby with breastmilk.
She is so so cute!! Don't you just love happy babies!?
Thanks girls for the sweet comments!!
ReplyDelete