Saturday, October 15, 2011

Libby Lou turns Eleven Months old

 Libby Lou turned 11 months on October 2. 
This past month has been a blur. 
Geez it went by fast. 

She added the word BALL and EYE to her vocabulary. 
She cut her top two teeth and is still not sleeping through the night. 
It's better. 
She generally takes her last bottle around 10:30 or 11 and will sleep til morning. 
Sometimes 4:30 am or 5 and sometimes 7 am or 7:30. 

She naps 2 times a day on most days. 
She absolutely loves to be outside. 
She "runs" for the door when it opens....or rather she bear crawl at super speed. 
She is eating less and less baby food. 
Her personality is really coming out. 
She would rather be in the playroom or outside with Hadleigh and Isaac than be stuck inside with me. 
 She's learned the word kiss and when you ask for one she leans in with her mouth wide open!
It is my FAVORITE thing. 
Especially when her siblings ask for one and she leans in. 
Melts.my.heart.

I am still in shock that she is almost a year old. 
I have most of the party planned for November. 
Flowers from Viridian Design Studio
Invitations from Eloquence.
Cake from It's a Cake Walk.
Stickers and Door sign and banners designed by Oh Goodie Designs
Obviously I will post pics after the party. 
 She's really good at putting herself to sleep. 
She does not want to be rocked. 
Sad for me....good for her. 
She mostly sleeps on her belly, but I also find her on her back or side. 
She loves going to school and is extremely spoiled by her teachers and nursery workers. 
She has the sweetest little voice, I can't wait to see what she sounds like when she really starts talking.
 This photo session was the hardest so far. 
She wasn't in the mood to really cooperate for me, but I managed to get some cute shots. 
Love this hat that the Harris family gave to Libby when she was born. 
It finally fits her head. 
Although she doesn't like anything touching her head. 
This is why you will rarely see her with a bow (unlike Hadleigh at her age).
I know it seems like all you ever see are pictures of Libby and well that's because my Bigs are not really interested in having their picture made that often. 
Plus, I feel like they aren't changing as fast as they used to. 
AND Libby is at home with me more by herself since the Bigs go to school 4 days a week. 
So I apologize if you feel like I'm leaving them out. 
I will try to do better. 
It's funny b/c out of all them Isaac really does the best for me. 
I ask him to smile and he does. 
Then it's over. 
 My favorite things about Libby right now:
She loves to explore. 
She is consistently happy. 
She cries when she is being left out of something that the Bigs are doing or when she's hungry and I've overlooked that it's time for her bottle. 
She's not going to be easy to ween from that thing. 
She refuses to drink out of a sippy cup. 
She will drink out of a straw though. 

 She has the chunkiest thighs. 
Her hand-me-downs from sister fit MUCH differently.
H was so skinny. 
I love her sweet lips too and those blue eyes. 
She has her Daddy's skin. 
So sensitive.
One of my other favorite things is picking her up from the nursery or school and the way she responds when she sees us. I wish I could capture it on video.
 We are getting so excited to celebrate her Birthday with our friends and family. 
What a special gift God has given us with this child. 



No comments:

Post a Comment